WASHINGTON STATE SOCIETY
FOR HEALTHCARE ENGINEERING
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SEPTEMBER 8, 2006
Randy Kaiser, Don Fulton, John Williams, Dale Oakley, Bob Baker, Jason Rose Bill
Kinzel, Bruce Price, Rodd Wolff, Ray Garner, Tim Heidlebaugh, Mike Kelly, Mark
Knapp, Norman Mclarin, Neil Helberg, Stan Price, Mark Overbuy, and Ron Urlacer
Host: Chuck Barnes: Kennewick General Hospital
President: Don Fulton
President- Elect: Norman Mclarin
Secretary Treasurer: Randy Kaiser
Call to Order:
President Don Fulton called the meeting to order.
Approval of Minutes:
Minutes of the June 2nd meeting at Walla Walla General Hospital, Walla Walla was
It was reported that there is 10,177.00 in the money market account.
1) Advocacy: Don addressed the members present to see if anyone has been
involved in any advocacy efforts whether at a local, state or national level.
2) WSSHE Newsline Articles: Don called for members to submit news line
articles for the 2006 WSSHE News line.
Kristyn Clayton 3rd quarter
1) WSSHE Annual Update: Mike Kelly gave an update to the members present on
the upcoming annual conference&technical exhibition to be held in Kennewick
Three Rivers Convention Center. October 4th, 5th, 6th. Mike talked about the
hotel accommodations the Wednesday evening dinner and entertainment, and the
quality of the educational programs.
2) ASHE News, ASHE Annual Apex and CHFM: Mike filled in for Phil’s
absents and briefly discussed ASHE issues.
3) Board Report: Mike gave the members an update on board activities and
the advocacy efforts with DOH on the new guidelines for healthcare construction.
4) Nominate: Randy mentioned the need at the December meeting to nominate
and vote on officers for the position of President Elect for 2007 and Secretary
Stan Price from Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance gave a presentation on the
value of establishing an energy consumption baseline for our facilities.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:30
December 8, KADLEC MEDICAL CENTER, Richland